Patti Jane Lay
Experienced Attorney, Mediator and Special Master
Ms. Lay grew up in Knoxville, living in the Fountain City and Bearden area. She graduated top of her class with honors from Webb School in 1973. She obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from the honors program at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia with a double major in English and Political Science. In 1979, Ms. Lay received her law degree from the University of Tennessee where she was a member of the Tennessee Law Review and was a trial moot court winner. She and her husband, Tom Baugh, live in the Bearden area and have three children.
Honors and Distinguished Service
- Chair Knoxville Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section 2010-2011.
- Special Master Knox County 4th Circuit Court 2002-present
- University of Tennessee College of Law Dean’s Circle and Advisory Council 1995 -present
- Lincoln Memorial University Duncan School of Law Dean’s Advisory Council 2009-present
- Judiciary Committee Knoxville Bar Association 2011-present